Alpha drive Rear mount dimension

Discussion in 'Sterndrives' started by klims106, Apr 10, 2016.

1. klims106

klims106 Junior Member

Hello All,
    I need to design an adapter plate for an Electric motor to an Alpha drive. I would like to find the correct dimensions and or a detail drawing of the Bell Housing or the Inner plate of the drive to properly design my adapter.

I specifically need:
    - Center to center dimension of the 2 Mounts
    - Shaft centerline Height Feet bottom surface
    - Shaft Length past the Mont center line

Any help will be welcome.

Klims

2. Kailani

Kailani Senior Member

You could start by importing the alpha and the engine drawings into your cad program from https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/documents/installation-drawings/ (I'm not totally sure of the accuracy. I've never checked these except the overall and mounting dimensions. I'm sure you could go to a Mercury dealer and give them $20 to measure one that's off a boat to be 100% sure.)

3. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Mercruiser drawing

Does this help?

Attached Files:

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

You can get a used bellhousing for very cheap. That will give you the mounting legs to the transom shield and attachment points for the electric motor.

5. klims106

klims106 Junior Member

To All thanks you for all your responses. All are very good suggestions. CDK your drawing is exactly what I was looking for. Kaliani, I tried to look at the Mercruiser installation and I also found a lot of very good info. Gonzo at last resort I was going to buy a bell housing to get the dimension.

I will need to get the Rear mount blocks anyway. Those are mounted with a Press fit in the bell Housing Correct?

6. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yes, they are press fit.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.