Smokercraft parts

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by chetc, Mar 16, 2020.

1. chetc

chetc Junior Member

i purchased a used smokercraft big fisherman, i did not notice till i got home that the previous owner removed the rear aluminum corner casting at the transom, and he jimmy rigged a pc of aluminum for a rear mount trolling motor, i would like to fine a replacement corner support, any ideas where i can get one used or new, does it sound like an expensive part, i contacted the last owner, he said that is the way he bought it.

chet

2. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

You could easily fabricate a triangular gusset from angle stock, wood, or fiberglass.
    Doubt you’ll find parts anywhere, unless you can find one junked.

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

What's in the other corner, a casting ? Seems strange. Maybe you could fabricate something out of sheet alloy and pop rivet it in, if it is a structural consideration.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.