OK its got nothing to do with boating, lost dog

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

on my way home tonight and the little guy found me and was just begging for someone to be cool. OK so I invited him in the house. He's been completely chill. Frankly I'd just assume keep him. Presently sleeping on the floor. I gotta get food in the morning. Dam I'd just assume keep him. Frankly my take, if your not responsible enough to keep this dog contained, you don't deserve him.

on a side note, he's quiet, behaved, friendly, clean, knows how to poop outside, and doesn't seem to be asking for much. I bloody love this dog. Not sure I'm going to return him unless someone comes along who really shows some remorse for having lost him,

1 person likes this.
  2. GTS225

GTS225 Junior Member

I suggest this; If he/she is wearing a collar, someone cares enough about it that you should try to find the owner. After all, some little eight year old girl might be missing "her" dog.

Roger

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Gottapic?

4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

‘‘OK its got nothing to do with boating’’ - fix that, get a boat and make it a ship dog . . :cool:

. . . that is if you can't find that maybe little girl from post#2 . . :(

Second Hoyt's request for a pic, and good luck with the "beast" . . :D

Cheers,
    Angel

1 person likes this.
  5. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Bit worried about you Hoytedow, you want a pic of an eight year old girl?

1 person likes this.
  6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I'll take him over to the vet today and see if he's got one of those micro chips in him with the owners info

he's freshly groomed, fat, friendly. and someone is freaking out over loosing him.

also bound to be getting hungry, vet will have something I can give him but if its to far off whatever he's used it might change that "knows to poop outside" part.

I spread out a newspaper for him just in case he didn't make it through the night but its clean thismorning. I think he's house trained.

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Most dogs naturally want to please their owners and house training is a relatively simple thing for them, as they want to poop outside, partly as a way of establishing their "turf" boundaries.

Most dogs are "released" for a reason and often it's medical bills. A severe case of heart worm can cost several hundred bucks with no assurance that the dog will survive. Now, with economic times being hard, some are just "letting them find their own way" which is cruel as most domestic dogs don't know how to hunt for food and starve to death.

If it's well fed and more importantly has a good bill of health from the vet, then it's probably loved and decided to go bivouacking around the neighborhood, getting lost in the process. So, it would be the right thing to find it's "people".

Lastly, a micro chip isn't the last word. There are several types of micro chip and the reader for one will not sense the presence of a different type of chip. Basically, this means unless you vet uses all the scanners for all the chips, he could be chipped and you'd never no.

Sounds like a spaniel, because these dogs aren't the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Their so bad, they can get lost at the end of their leash . . .

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Makes me think of the guy who divorced the wife but kept the dog.
    Says he picks up **** only once a day now.

Dogs are weird things. If they see something or another dog they run to the fence and start barking as loudly as possible !

Now imagine people were like dogs. If the neighbour passes by, you (and all the others in the street) start shouting at the top of their lungs at one another. If the neighbour get in the yard you want to f him up. You run around and p against everything there is to mark your yard boundaries (in case no one notices the fences). Once a month you smell the neighbour's wife and you go berserk trying to get out. No further comment on this...

Oh and don't forget, you do your business always where people usually walk. 'In the ****' probably comes from this. It's when you get in the car and that smell hits you like a baseball bat you know you put your foot in it again. That and you have to clean the lumps off the carpet. Or you feel sorry for walking so many steps into the house.

At least the dog doesn't talk back, probably makes up for having to walk in the ****...
    Like one oke said to me, all he likes about a bj is the 10 mins quiet he gets.

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

[​IMG]

well he doesn't have a chip in him, seems pretty content, I think he made off with a bag of chips late last night. Can't find them anywhere and he's not hungry or at least turned up his nose at what I gave him.

10. thedutchtouch

thedutchtouch Junior Member

you could also check craigslist, local pet stores etc a lot of them run lost and found boards. hard to say these days if a well fed/groomed dog is lost or abandoned though.

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

We were hoping for that picture of the girl instead...
    I'm sure someone will claim ownership very quickly !

Dog looks happy so far, how are you doing ?
    Or is it too early in the relationship to ask yet :D

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Attached Files:

13. Dirteater

Dirteater Senior Member

Nice rescue on your part Boston :)

No micro Chip, no Colar, no tatoo in the ears.
    not much more you can do than keep an eye on the local papers.
    all my dogs had all 3 of the above.
    (thankfully never needed them).

I guess all you need to do is get the doggy life vest :D
    (an no chocolatte either, bad for dogs)
    chips are good! (i like ketchup chips personally).

14. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The wise thing to do is call all the local vets in your area. Most will recognize a former guest at their facilities.

15. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya I took him to the closest vet and no go. This pooch is seriously spoiled, won't even touch dog food wet or dry, gets a bit offended about bones and treats to. He did however nibble at some raw beef and chicken once I cut it up properly for him. Still hasn't made a single sound. Not so much as one peep. He's really well mannered ignores other dogs.

he did pee on an old pallet in the shop tho, on the bright side he didn't pee on the wood pile. Not sure they make Pekinese that are house trained but so far thats his only slip up.

and he's a girl magnet like you wouldn't believe.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.