Ok I don't own it

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Boston, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Thats crazy, the "broker" told me she went to Alaska somewhere

reminds me I need to check on the status of the investigation

cheers
    B

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Have the boat seized by local authorities for theft. Call them, explain the situation, provide your attorney's number and have the boat compounded until the situation is resolved.

If the boat was sold out from under you, the new owner (probably still the church BTW), they'll be very interested to get this behind them, before it hits the papers. This doesn't mean you'll get the boat, though it does likely mean you'll get a settlement.

Nothing personal Dan, but if I was out there and this was my deal, the situation would have been resolved one way or the other long before now.

3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well I think I've been way to patient with my lawyer and I'm just going to call the state attorney on my own at this point. There is supposed to be a complaint being investigated. I sent them all my E mails and a copy of the signed offer they made me as well as proof of a deposit

hey Chris whats the exact location of that boat if you would please

4. masalai

masalai masalai

Hi Boston, Looks like you may get your dream? I hope you get what is best for you...

I am launched and will add some stuff to "my little piece of peace" thread every so often...

I wish everyone good cruising and may you enjoy a peaceful and understanding co-existence with everyone else in the world...

USAnian is not derogeratory, Just accurate and honest...

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well not yet I"m not

update
    I gotta fill out some more paperwork for the Oregon state attorney's office

so nothing yet.

6. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

Maybe a midnight raid is in order. :D

7. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I was hoping Chris would get back to me with where this marina is. Seems like I might just get my wish and see this boat seized until ownership can be settled. I've got a signed offer/contract "they" made me and the original check I sent them; by there own admission predating the subsequent sale to whoever has it now. Also all emails between us negotiating the deal on record.

The Oregon state attorney's office has some papers they want me to fill out and I"m kinda dying to see if the coast guard is going to help me out a little here.

cheers
    B

8. bntii

bntii Senior Member

The situation has been resolved for quite a while now.

9. welder/fitter

welder/fitter Senior Member

Boston,
    I've been following this thread, but nothing of value to offer other than to agree that you were royally screwed. The AGs office won't do anything for you, unfortunately. You could complain to consumer affairs & the BBB, but the most they'll do is record the issue as a negative for the broker, which means nothing. Probably the best broker for older boats in BC is Pacific Boat Brokers. I did see a very nice old 40 footer for sale in California that is x-BC, I'll check & see if I can find it, again, later.

The best advice I can give you is to focus on finding another boat & don't bother with lawyers & the stress of this crap deal. You could, however, sue the broker in small claims court, in BC, for expenditures & go for treble damages. But, it's much like opening a carton of old milk; the first swig was sour, why take another swig? Throw it out & get a new one. You could also send a complaint to the BC Brokers Association, citing financial loss, etc., but I'm not sure much would come of it. Of course, in the same situation as you, I'd be continuing the fight - based on principle - as well, but governing bodies just don't seem to give a ---- about principles, anymore.
    Mike

10. Boston

Boston Previous Member

?......

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

thanks Mike
    I spoke to there office a few days ago and they were very apologetic that they had not gotten back to me, they indicated that something had gotten filed improperly on someones part ( might have been me, might have been them ) and they are sending me the correct forms now, and the correct place to send them. Whatever happened the issue was not brought to the correct peoples attention. I'm going to remedy that and see about retrieving my boat. Might work, might not, but your right, its a mater of principal. I signed the papers and sent the check; boats mine as far as everyone I"ve spoken to calls it. Will I get it back in the long run, probably not, specially considering that its been altered since I bought it, but I've never taken injustice well and I don't see why I should start now

Cheers
    B

12. Boston

Boston Previous Member

OK this latest pretty well explains what probably happened to my initial complaint. I received the paper work I mentioned in my last; it was folded spindled and mutilated as well as half filled out with someone elses complaint. It came already opened, by that I mean both seals were broken and it looked like someone had read it or attempted to fill it out. Outrageous, what is wrong with these folks that its such a chore to file a simple complaint. Tomorrow I"m just going to call the cops and file a report myself as well as call the AG office and raise hell.

unbelievable

cheers
    B

13. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

The AG's office now has some liability in this case, if you can prove they screwed up the report. Again, any reasonable attorney could get something out of this.

14. Boston

Boston Previous Member

well that was entertaining
    got a real song and dance out of them and supposedly have some fresh papers on the way. The Police said I'd have to file my complaint with the AG's orifice. Perfect more waiting.

I'm giving it one more shot and if that doesn't yield some results I guess I'll have to pay a lawyer to make something happen. I'm trying to avoid out of pocket expenses till I get a favorable ruling from the AG. Fat chance but worth a shot.

15. masalai

masalai masalai

Bureaucrats are the bane of society, forcing their pretensious rules upon the innocent lives of all and sundry to justify their own sad and parasitically useless existence...

I am sure that they cost far more in forcing compliance processes to their rabid and useless rules than imposing such complience is beneficial in a society...

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.