Ok complete change of plan

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Boston, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Ok I just got a counter offer offer on the boat and I'm taking it

I'll leave it were it is for a month and then trailer it over to Seattle for storage

1 person likes this.
  2. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Congratulation Captain.
    Daniel

1 person likes this.
  3. Boston

Boston Previous Member

not captain yet
    I gotta learn how to drive it first
    a few boater safety classes first then I might take on the moniker of dangerous
    a few years into maybe Captian but its a tittle I take seriously and I'm not there yet.

but thanks
    now for that baseball game

cheers
    B

4. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Oh dear. Just don't tell me you actually made your mind up :eek:

Well, finally. Now we can await Par and Richards comments on fixing that up :D Can't wait ;)

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ya I started a new thread on that

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/ok-i-own-34642-new-post.html

I need to be careful with glassing in the pilot house cause there are weight issues involved

I'd like to do a little raised panel in the same wavy Mahogany thats on it and then glass above, naturally there would be a little carriage door either side.

glass is heavy though and this thing doesn't have great stability in the first place

oh well
    thats what the NA is for

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

didn't someone mention at one point a place they new of that would let you work on your own boat, bottom paint and everything.

I cant find that message to save my life

thanks
    B

7. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

Boston,
    Latitude Marine Services in LaConnor Washington. 360 466 4905

Easy Rider

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

thanks
    I'll give em a try but there is a little bird telling me I already called them ( it gets kinda blurry after fifteen or twenty calls ) and they are about 800 a month as well

its better that I just buy a piece of land and trailer to it from time to time than spend 2400 in rent for a few months of being watched like a hawk and having to jump through hoops every day.

I could pay 100 in taxes a year and have a hauling bill of 800 every two years once I get the boat house up

I need to check the building code and a few other things but its unlikely I'll be willing to spend 800 a month for the privileged of being tortured by rules

9. Boston

Boston Previous Member

Thought I'd get silly and order the Atkins prints for the Great Bear
    starting to get over my disappointment about the Haida Princes so I thought I'd price out a few materials lists and see what my options are

cheers

10. rasorinc

rasorinc Senior Member

Good Great Yeh...................................................

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.