Ocean News

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by ImaginaryNumber, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A II

A II no senior member → youtu.be/oNjQXmoxiQ8 → I wish

Skepticism is a good trait, and none of your business from whom I got it from, and it's better you try to control yourself instead of others who post here, and since skepticism is good vs. believing nonsense, you posted a lie here that it's not a good sign.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  2. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

In the US nolo contendere is a common phrase in the legal profession. And yes, I undoubtedly have a larger English vocabulary than you. But, I am embarrassed to say, I am a monoglot, whereas you, most certainly, are a polyglot. I envy you that.

As for your climate change assertions, I am totally dumbfounded by your arguments. I agree with SamSam who wondered, a few pages back, if you actually are the respected Angelique of before? You seem so different? What's happened?

3. A II

We're on a boating forum here, and not hanging around in some legal profession, so your usage of latin is far out of context here, and is just trying to hang out the smartie, like as with the other nonsense you post here, as I've pointed out above.

4. ImaginaryNumber

I admit to moving beyond Dick and Jane some time ago. Perhaps I have mistakenly assumed that the average reader of this thread has done so too.

5. A II

Like you've asked for that fraud by now has been proved in many posts here, like for example in the posts #3613 and #3644.
    I only have to refer here to your own line, as quoted here first above from your same post. If you applied to yourself what you want to impose on another, you would be more credible.

6. A II

In Dutch we call that Jip and Janneke, and it's a lot funnier, you could learn from that, instead of offending "the average reader of this thread" (as you call it), as you unfairly and downright rude do here.

7. ImaginaryNumber

I have faithfully read all your posts on the topic a number of times. To use yet another detested Latin phrase, which is considered to be part of the English language, your arguments are non sequitur.

8. A II

Just your opinion displayed in the same dead language, better stick to the facts, and you would be more credible.

9. ImaginaryNumber

To add to my post 3732, if anyone reads the full articles that I post synopses from, and especially if they read the scientific studies that the articles are derived from, they would have to be a linguistic genius to be able to understand every single word without consulting a dictionary and encyclopedia. I regularly have to look up the words used and concepts being discussed. If you find it burdensome to do so yourself I suggest you find other threads more in line with your interests and abilities.

10. A II

That rude remark of yours to the readers of this thread was replied to in post #3734, and despite that you are rude enough to bring it forward again, and not answer on the points on which you are challenged.

11. A II

Better try to control yourself where to read, and not others, it's typically for you to go on and on about a remark about legal profession latin usage on a boating forum, and not on the points where you are challenged, that makes you implausible, again.

12. ImaginaryNumber

Latin is regularly used in science. For instance all animals and plants are given a Latin name. Those Latin names mean something, and understanding them can inform you about the organism. Many biologists, for instance, seldom use a common name and usually use the Latin scientific name because, confusingly, there are often many common names, especially considering the different mother tongues that different scientists have. So, no, I do not apologize for using a "dead" language. Latin is alive and well in the scientific world, and is not uncommonly found in other areas of the English language.

I think you should seriously consider confining your interest to other threads.

13. A II

Your twisting as an IT = Internet Troll again, I didn't make a remark about plant or animal names in Latin, but about a legal term in Latin on a boating forum, further it's typically for you to go on and on about a remark about legal profession Latin usage on a boating forum, and not answering the points where you are challenged, that makes you implausible, again and again....
    Better try to control yourself about what and where to read and write, and not dictating that to others.

14. ImaginaryNumber

An yet that is exactly what you are trying to do to me -- dictating what words I use or not use.

What a hypocrite!

15. A II

So, you can't stand a remark about legal profession Latin usage on a boating forum, how sad for you. That you go on and on and on about that remark and not answering the points where you are challenged is your own fault, and not mine. And now you even wrongly withdraw yourself into a victim role because you got that remark, how more pathetic can you get ?