ocean conditions are changing due to Rapid Global Climate Shift

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Boston, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Education and success go hand and hand.

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

You dont know what you are talking about. Try and find a billionaire that was ever quoted as saying education was a waste of time. Thats just an urban myth propagated by undereducated people.

I don't know any Billionaires, but the three millionaires I know personally wouldn't have dreamed of not doing uni - and the 'just wealthy' people I know have all done a degree. Coincidence ?

It doesn't take much research to show that education increases your income prospects by a huge amount.

What - no comments on how useless Quantum Physics is or who owns the Falklands ??? You must be learning ! Keep it up, you may become a billionaire.

3. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Frosty's trolling, as usual. Must not have much of a life, if trying to piss people off on the internet is the best he can do with his time....

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No troy as infuriating as it may be to you I am speaking of my opinions of things. I owe you no apology if they do not line up with yours.

Just a thought ---Is there any ones opinion lines up with yours on this forum .

Your life is a little different from every one elses --you know that don;t you?

More or less anyone's opinion is going to piss you off --notice that?

No --I am not siitting here trying to annoy you Infact it has nothing to do with you at all --you flatter yourself.

5. bntii

bntii Senior Member

Hardly a strong point is it?

Industry leaders are often phenoms who's skill sets leads them to accomplishment.
    A self taught magnet starts a company which builds a better mousetrap and employs countless thousands of highly educated workers to make his wealth.
    The current society depends on a educated workforce and many fields require advanced learning.

You come up off the shop floor frosty or a ME, EE etc under your belt?

We all (societies) could start on another path though- is GDP growth a valid indicator of standard of living?

I wouldn't mind a society of educated, self motivated folk who pursue what interests them and spend the rest of the time trading insults over coffee in sidewalk cafes like this forum.
    Sort of modeled on a retired professional couple- doting on hobbies and friends while industry is run by automatons which build a few agricultural robots to tend the fields while they are at it.

Most enjoy work- how would we fair if the primary needs were met by automated processes and our 'work' output as individuals was driven by interest not employment found in the aggregate needs of a workplace build around production and maintaining infrastructure.

I suppose there would be problems.., who would serve up the Latte's?
    It could be punishment for social gaffs like comparing the Falkland war to our mess in Iraq.....

6. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

You think you make money off the shop floor ----

I dont have time for a job Im too busy making money.

I wish a did have a job the weather is so nice I would have a week off.

No --a self made millionaire does not start by making a company --he starts by having an Idea.

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Like hell it does and thats why you had an American education and why you work on a boat.

8. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I wouldn't believe an apology if you gave me one, Frosty; I can't imagine you ever doing so and meaning it. But don't feed me any nonsense about how you're just expressing your opinions. It's obvious you often set out to yank your audience's chains and give people a bad time; you glory in the attention like a class clown in sixth grade.

It's not like I'm a lonely voice crying in the wilderness when I say that, you know. I have lots of company...:)

There are actually lots of people with opinions that don't piss me off, even when I disagree with them. But I have little tolerance for fanaticism, rabble-rousing, willful ignorance -- or class clowns. And if more people were intolerant of such things, the world would be a better place.

9. michael pierzga

Oh no !! cow pie throwing !!

Heads down.........................

10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Then you have a difficulty I cant help you with.

I most definately do not sit here trying to entertain you.

It is Really my opinion and how I see things --you don't come into it at all.

And that ---I feel is what forums do, to connect far off voices of totally differing views ---the new ham radio enthusiast.

But you dont like it and put them on ignore because they are different to you and you dont even want to listen.

I might put you on ignore --I mean you dont say anything or bring something to the table just moan and complain.

11. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

12. michael pierzga

Switzerland is a classic case of Apprenticeship, trade qualifications or academic studies.

Both approaches educate and supply society with skills.

Even the Uk is studying the Northern European model to see if it can be adapted to their society.

. No use in graduating millions of MBA's who have no " business" to administer.

13. ImaginaryNumber

ImaginaryNumber Imaginary Member

This thread is getting too cheerful for my liking. LOL

Business Insider -- We're Headed For A Disaster Of Biblical Proportions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]