Looking for Job in Scotland, Bsc Ocean Enginering,Skilled Draftsman in 2D and 3D

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Mike_R, May 5, 2010.

1. Mike_R

Mike_R New Member

Hallo

I've got complited Bsc degree in Ocean Enginering with four year work practice in diferent shipyards and design offices in Poland (for companies from Denmark, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Norway,Holland) now I'm graduating a Msc in Naval Architecture.
    Im looking for a Job in Scotland ( prefered Glasgow,Edinburgh or Aberdeen but it can be a diferent location), in shipyard , design office or place connected with offshore /gas and oil industry.
    Im skilled in software such as :
    Autocad ,Autocad Mechanical , SolidWorks ,Solid Edge, Rhinoceros .
    In typical design office software : Nupas, Nupas Cadmatic, Maxsurf, FreeShip ,Tribon.
    I've done some 3d yacht designs (in Rhino 3d) from furniture to whole vessel,
    mechanical design of pumps parts, velves, engine parts.
    In response i will send you my cv.

Any help is appreciated.
    Best Regards
    Mike
    (rybak@chelm.gda.pl)

2. JRMacGregor

JRMacGregor Junior Member

Mike

our shipbuilding industry is dead (so forget about that) except for military/naval work. There is quite a lot of work in naval projects at present - but they could cause you to die of boredom.

In Aberdeen there is quite a lot of marine related work - that pays quite well.

Companies like Subsea7, Acergy, Technip have fleets of complex vessels that do offshore work and need converted, repaired etc.

Try the websites of FASTSTREAM and MATCHTECH - they advertise lots of marine related jobs in the Uk.

3. Mike_R

Mike_R New Member

Thank you for your help.
    I will keep trying.

Best Regards
    Mike_R

4. JRMacGregor

JRMacGregor Junior Member

Mike

you could also try a direct approach to IMT of Montrose. They are part of Offshore Ship Designers group and could use experience like yours. Montrose not so exciting though !

No real marine jobs in Edinburgh. But ACE MARINE (design consultants) is located nearby. Babcock Rosyth (naval work) is nearby.

Glasgow has several marine consultancies. Seatec Services (part of VShips) is worth a call.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.