Hi

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Yos, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Yos

Yos Student

Hi, my name is Josip. I am on my 2nd year of university to become a naval arhitect :) Since i was a kid i am in love with boats (my girlfriend would kill me if she hears this). I am hoping to learn new stuff here and to take advantage of you guys and girls if any to solve my problems :p

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Hey,

Yos, welcome to you!

How is it in Split?

-Tom

3. Yos

Yos Student

It's cold and working (exam week)

4. Petros

Petros Senior Member

welcome to the list,

Where are you studying?

If you want the girlfriend or your career to last, you need to find someone who loves boats as much as you.

If you carefully introduced her to boating she might take to it like you did. If she is like most females she will not like it if it is cold, wet, and scarey. Wait for the right day, warm and clear with light winds, and find a beautiful coast line to explore in a sturdy comfortable boat. Bring wine and cheese and chocolate, take it slow and she will love you and boating forever.

IF you pick the wrong day, she will hate it forever. Do not mistake your own attraction of the thrill of being out in rough weather for her interests. Most women want romance, not excitement. Introduce her to excitement long AFTER she has fallen in love with the romance that boating can bring.

5. yipster

yipster designer

Girlfrends and boats.. phew that made me think back..

yes phycho analisis defenitly must be considered, but even than..

doesnt this subject needs a big new threath on its own?

Welcome to the forums Hi

6. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Jeez its cold in the West Med, every morning ice on deck...are You freezing in Split ? Snow drifts in Trogir ? ice skating in Pucisca ?

7. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Today's pics from the port of Senj, northern Adriatic: http://www.index.hr/xmag/clanak/u-s...nogi-se-fotografiraju-za-uspomenu/599036.aspx
    The bura wind coming from ashore has washed the jetty with sea spray, which has then turned into ice. It looks so amazing, particularily if you compare it to the absolutely clear and dry background mountains and town. :)

8. Yos

Yos Student

local university (FESB) that's faculty of electrical engineering, mechanical enigerting and naval arhitecture

[/QUOTE]If you want the girlfriend or your career to last, you need to find someone who loves boats as much as you.

If you carefully introduced her to boating she might take to it like you did. If she is like most females she will not like it if it is cold, wet, and scarey. Wait for the right day, warm and clear with light winds, and find a beautiful coast line to explore in a sturdy comfortable boat. Bring wine and cheese and chocolate, take it slow and she will love you and boating forever.

IF you pick the wrong day, she will hate it forever. Do not mistake your own attraction of the thrill of being out in rough weather for her interests. Most women want romance, not excitement. Introduce her to excitement long AFTER she has fallen in love with the romance that boating can bring.[/QUOTE]

suprisingly more more girls in last few years study naval arhitecture, at the moment there are 4 o_O

@ daquiri odakle si ti?

9. daiquiri

@Yos: Rovinj.

10. michael pierzga

Nice picture !!! Shiver me timbers. I wonder what the port seawall of Vrbnik or the Prvic lighthouse in Senjska Vrata looks like this week.

11. daiquiri

Yeah, pretty impressive! :)

Senj.jpg

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Vas pozdravljamo, Yos.

Okay, now I try to learn Croatian. Thank you Google.

13. Yos

Yos Student

ty :D

talking about the weather :
    [​IMG]

its not photoshoped :D

EDIT: This is in Split about a week ago

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  14. michael pierzga

Yikes..they say Croatians are crazy because they eat to much Ajvar. Be careful with that stuff

15. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Oh, they're crazy alright, one married me!

Not photo-shopped for sure, look at the heel of the "ski boot"!

-Tom

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.