No-offset table, how to loft?

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Mohan Pakkurti, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Mohan Pakkurti

Mohan Pakkurti Junior Member

hello!

I have original drawings of the type in the picture attached. Along with the drawings I have the dimensions of the boat as specified in the design. But I don't have the offset tables. How do I go about lofting the design with the offset-tables missing!?!

Can you point me to some good reference for this?

Thanks

Mohan

Attached Files:

2. FAST FRED

FAST FRED Senior Member

Draw a set of lines over the plans you have and create your own table of offsets.

Enlarging/Copying the plans to a standard size will help a great deal.

3/4 inch to the foot or 1 inch to the foot is simple to use with a scale rule.

FF

3. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

Or you can model the hull in Rhino (or TouchCad since you are in Stockholm :), then section it and have the molds laser cut.

This example is made in 5 minutes. I used your picture as a background and draw very quicly three stations, midship, transom and close to the stem, and then lofted the surface.

You can smooth the surface and check the volume before you build it.
    Maybe lofting on the floor is more fun.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.