What do you think?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by snapper340, Apr 4, 2004.

1. snapper340

snapper340 Junior Member

Hey guys, I have a design that I need advice on. I need to know first, will this boat plane, if not, what changes do I need to make? Second, what kind of horsepower do I need to get the boat to 40 knots safely? Third can I go this speed and still be stable? I am building this boat out of plywood, using the stich and glue method of construction. The bottom will be 1/2" plywood, and the 1st and 2nd chine will be 3/8" plywood. I don't know what the boat will weigh yet, but I am hoping to run in less than 12" of water with it. I want to make the deck plan like a bass boat, But that is subject to change depending on what needs to be changed to get what I want as far as speed, stability, and safety.
    Thanks for the input.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2004
  2. snapper340

snapper340 Junior Member

sorry, my attachment didn't go through, it appears that I cant upload a Carene 50 file, Is there a way I can post the attachment on the forum?

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Sorry, what is the file extension?

4. snapper340

snapper340 Junior Member

It's a d.50 file

5. ErikG

ErikG Senior Member

Carena 50 file...

But how would we view it?
    If itäs a pi just upload a jpg or whatnot

6. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Good point Erik,

I went ahead and added .d50 and .50 as valid file extensions, but as Erik says, you will almost certainly get a far greater amount of feedback if you post some jpg's of the lines.

7. Zed

Zed Guest

Dynamic Stability and Resistance

Sorry,

you don't even provide the most bastic dimensions which would allow a guesstimate. I spend most of my day doing resistance, powering and stability and my comclusion can only be that this is way exceeding what you could expect from a internet messageboard.

Sorry

Zed

8. ars-technica

ars-technica Naval Architect

horsepower

To determine horsepower use savitsky

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.