NYC Offshore Fishing

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by JCD, Feb 5, 2008.

1. JCD

JCD Follow the Bubbles!

Hello all,

I'm looking for experienced fishing partner(s) to go on offshore sport fishing excursions. My old partners have relocated and it is way too much for just me to handle the boat and 45 hooks in the water.

If you are interested please let me know. It could be a good opportunity for someone that doesn't have the means to get out there and it keeps me doing what I like also. The vessel is rigged for offshore big species, tuna, shark, marlin etc, and yes we could also fish inshore when weather doesn't permit or the wife doesn't let you stay out 3 days.

Outfitting for the trip, fuel and consumables are the only needs since I have everything else. The chartplotter and Loran is full of positions covering everything in the Hudson Canyon, Glory Hole and Chicken Canyon all the way out to the continental plate 100 miles offshore where you will find the abysmal drop.

Unless you like to travel, you should be within the NYC area. She is docked in the Coney Island area. If serious, experienced and interested, let me know and I'll give you the nickle tour of the vessel. I fish year round and only put her on the hard for vessel/bottom maintenance for 2 weeks, so if winter species is your bag, we can do that.

You should not delude yourself into thinking that it is cheap or easy to fish offshore. We split everything down the middle after vessel and outfitting expenses. It is way cheaper than paying a charter to get out there, but not cheap. "I heard" and don't know because it is illegal, but it is my "understanding" that expenses can be offset by selling the catch, but I never did because I don't have a commercial fishing license so I usually "give away" 1000#'s of Tuna and "never" sell it because it is illegal.;)

Any interest?

J:cool:

2. Kay9

Kay9 1600T Master

Nice offer....I hope someone takes you up on it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.