Traditional Shell expansion drawing in Rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Apr 4, 2008.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

I am trying squish plugin to do shel expansion drawsing.
    before squish ; i split the hull surface by drawing curves on the surface; and then try squish.
    But it unrolls individual sections of surfaces not all the splitted surfaces togther as in the traditional shell expansion drawing.

I tried to arrage the expanded surface after squish; but i could not do it becouse when the surfaces are expanded; they become spread in a irragular pattern.

Can anyone suggest how can i get the shell expansion drawing in rhino?

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

I'm not sure if Rhino will do what you want using the squish tool. It is under developement and maybe it will work some day. Look for posts on this forum by Brent Swain I think he is the origami guy here. This type of expansion has to be designed in from the start.
    Gary

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Pavel

You can't use any of the development tools, these gives you the true shape of the expansion.

you need to do it manually extending each of the frames or station, i don't think there is any tool that can do it in rhino.

can be done manually on rhino

4. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

If it is a chined hull isn't the loft command what you want to use?

5. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

Hope Rhino will soon release plugin for this. Becuz in rhino spliting the surface is soo easy than other softwares like Workshop.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.