Northern Ohio?

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by dkubiak, Sep 22, 2004.

1. dkubiak

dkubiak Junior Member

Okay, I am at best an excited amateur, but I love boats. I just got out of the Marine Corps and think I have a pretty good resume.

I've been looking at junior management positions in manufacturing companies and had the thought today, "Why not look for a company that manufactures boats?"

I know some of you despise those dozen-a-minute manufactured boats, but if I am going to make something those are better than any non-boat.

So, preamble complete, do any of you know of any boat manufacturing companies in northern ohio where I could check to see if they are hiring?

Thanks,

Dan

2. dvgale

dvgale Boats_4_People

You might try Mission Marine in Sandusky, right on Lake Ontario. They were looking for people over the summer, and, in fact, seem to have the same jobs posted on their site as they have for several months. Mission specializes in designing and building aluminum power catamarans. I believe they primarily serve the military, government and law enforcement markets but may have some other commercial and recreational business as well.

Their Web site is:

http://www.missionmarine.com

Don Gale
    South Salem, NY

3. dkubiak

dkubiak Junior Member

Thanks. I went to their website and one of the openings almost perfectly matches my military specialty! That would be wonderful to work in this field. :)

(Note: That amusement park in the background on their front page is Cedar Point -- rated one of the best roller coaster parks in the world. If any of you get to northern ohio and like thrill rides, go there and experience the world's tallest, fastest, et cetera.)

4. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Alternatively, get a copy of Professional Boatbuilder magazine (www.proboat.com). They have want ads in the back, and the subscription is free. Keep the subscription, you will learn a lot. You might also consider going to the IBEX conference in Miami Beach on October 25-27. This is the big industry show, and you would make a lot of contacts with builders and equipment suppliers. Details are in Professional Boatbuilder magazine, or you can go to ww.ibexshow.com.

Eric

5. RealityBoatCo

RealityBoatCo Junior Member

Try Baja down in Bucyrus they are hiring.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.