Northern Lights/Lugger genset

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Nomad, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Does anyone here know how to or where to find infromation on "flashing" a 2002 5.5kw genset??

2. MDV

MDV Junior Member

If you mean 'Flashing' the exciter due to not being able to get any voltage, then my experience is that 6-8V DC is normally used.

3. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Yes that is what I am talking about. I know you need 2 12 volt batteries but I do not know which wires to hook the up to.

4. MDV

MDV Junior Member

I quote from a manual for an ABB 2745kVa Alternator.

"with the prime mover at rest, apply dc source (non grounded) of not more than 12vDc to terminals F+ (positive) and F- (negative) while observing polarity, in series with a limiting resistor of 23-30 ohms"

For this application, the F+ & F- terminals are as far as I can see dedicated points for this purpose, and are located on the Voltage Regulator.

This is the extent of my knowledge on this subject. Hope it helps.

Michael

5. Nomad

Nomad Senior Member

Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.