Norma

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Norma, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Norma

Norma New Member

I bought an old 1959 14 ft glasspar.. started working on it and the wood seems pretty solid but the fiberglass was peeling away from the skin.. so I peeled it sanded it and found somewhere there was fuel spilled and soaked into the wood.. so now will fiberglass stick to this?? Is there a way to get it out or do I have to pull that flooring loose and put in a new floor? If so what about using a heat bonded fiberglass that I can buy in longer lenghs?? HELP?? This is my first project..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

You might try a good scrubdown with greased lightning or something similar to get that oil out, then let it dry thoroughly before re-glassing.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.