non-skid material for a plug

Discussion in 'Materials' started by mjkkemper, Dec 7, 2010.

1. mjkkemper

mjkkemper Junior Member

I am building a plug for a swim platform and would like to mold the non-skid in the plug. Has anyone used a particular material for the plug? I know they make Flex-mold but it would cost too much for a 4x10 area. I did find one material I think will work for the pattern. The 2x4 clear plastic lenses on drop ceiling lights have a similar pattern. I stopped by Home depot with some of my kids play dog and made an impression. It looks like a good pattern. Does anyone else have an idea? Oh I guess I should stop staring up at the ceiling at work (this is where I got the idea)

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Use 2 x 4 ft rectangles of pebbly clear plastic used normally for drop-in ceilings for light fixtures.

3. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

You looking for an effective Non-skid or a pretty one?

4. mjkkemper

mjkkemper Junior Member

a finish look and yes functional

5. War Whoop

War Whoop Senior Member

Spray it to a taped pattern.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.