Non-foiling trimarans under 20'

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Tom Makes Things, Sep 25, 2019.

1. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

Russel,

I probably baited you.
    As I said, your father was a hero of mine for a long time.
    I still remember the quote in his first book about building a tri with a huge centerboard to investigate what was required. Still have the book.
    After becoming an engineer I thought about that as a realistic, practical way to develop a product.
    Something that many engineers I know don't have a clue about.
    I sailed one up on the Salish Sea as a rental. The wind was blowing, and I had a real concern that I wasn't getting back to the dock, with my wife and son waiting for me in the car. It might have affected my opinion.
    I did look at the website to see about buying one. There is remarkably nothing on the website except come buy one.
    Nothing about it being designed for rental/vacation where you have to design for the lowest common denominator.
    And the nearest one was 1000mi away.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.