Old SEA 222 aus HF Radio

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Banana Bob, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Banana Bob

Banana Bob New Member

UNLOCK SEA 222 aus HF RADIO

Hi I have an old SEA 222 aus HF Radio , wondering if Mike Johns or any one might have the U.S. EEPROMs or software to unlock the scratchpad memory for programming of freqs , would really appreciate any assistance with this old chestnut , cheers John .

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Chuck Losness

Chuck Losness Senior Member

I had a SEA hf radio as my backup radio. I don't remember having a problem programming in additional fregs They do need a special chip/circuit board to be able to transmit on the Ham bands. The company is still in business last I heard and they might be able to help you out. I think that the company name is SEA DATA. I used to have all of the manuals and schematics but they went with the radio when I traded it away.

3. Banana Bob

Banana Bob New Member

Thanks Chuck appreciate your help , the Australian radios are setup a bit more restrictively than U.S. versions , but likely the same chips that open the Ham Bands do the job , cheers John

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.