Transducer location on Larson 180 sei

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Lawmaniwas, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Lawmaniwas

Lawmaniwas New Member

Any suggestions as to where the best place to mount my transducer should be? 15007449102971210121623.jpg

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

There's no real ideal location generally, you are limited with transom mounts, so it gets placed where it can be. This is unfortunate, though a reality, but you can make adjustments to improve signal strength and clarity.

Have a look here;
    > Transducer Installation Placement RULES-Transducer Location-Transducer Mount-High speed-Side Scan-Down Scan-Side Imaging-Structure Scan http://www.sternmate.com/Where.html <
    which is a starting point. I've found high speed transom mounts very unreliable in terms of information they can offer. I think through hull transducers are far superior and can be located where the information is more useful.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.