Nice Work

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Danielsan, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Danielsan

Danielsan Amateur designer-builder?

I found out about a nice Dutch (Netherlands, Europe :) ) company doing their own boat design, providing the kits and plans, and even providing some materials on their site. They do a really nice job I think.

I am even considering to buy one of them, before completing my own design. Almost for fun and to get some experience in building?

http://www.dolphinsboats.com/

Have a look, share your toughts, would be nice to find out how others think about this.

Greetings,

PS site has no english translation, I am shure they can provide you with some information if you call them.

2. yipster

yipster designer

yeah, sexy models :D not the easyest to build though...

3. Danielsan

You talk from experience or do you know someone who's building one? They shure are goodlooking and they are nearby! Think we will hear more from them.

4. yipster

yipster designer

5. Danielsan

Dont know what design you saw, they have different builders exposing their progress most of them are epoxy glassed over plywood, I know they also propose foam packages, so could be you saw that one. Might want to do it the foam way to for myself.

6. Danielsan

7. Herman

Herman Senior Member

They have various designs. Most of them wood, strip planked on frames, then epoxied together.
    However, they are working on a foam-cored boat as well.

all looks very nice indeed.

8. Danielsan

Their second boat released!!

Wouldn't this be nice to have some in the US or other continents? For as far as I found those are the most reasonable priced, trendy kits I found.

Greetings,

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.