News and theories about the missing Malaysian plane

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Angélique, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Pakistan - until other contradictory evidence comes to light.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

This is correct, O2 masks don't automatically drop, they're on a flight crew switch. There are several things to consider here, in regard to the investigation, initial search and information release. You have to remember what type of government we're dealing with here, so the free flow of information isn't like what the west is accustomed to. Information released will be a few days old at the least, though this is getting better as the other nations get on board with search help.

Given the systematic shut down of key data transmission systems, it seems reasonable to assume some human involvement would be at play, be this the flight crew or someone else. The dramatic course changes and altitude changes also suggest human intervention. As to what these are, it's likely we'll never know, given the FVR will have over written these events by the time of impact.

Lastly this part of the world isn't well covered. The west enjoys a fair bit of insurance in coverage, from radar and other systems, but down there, well just enough to satisfy the IAA and this is sketchy at best. The jet didn't fly off and land some where, it ditched or crashed into the Indian Ocean. Had it been held by someone for whatever reason, ransoms would have been posted by now, not to mention someone would have probably gotten a cell phone ping by now.

We'll find some debris soon, a seat cushion or something, which will pretty much put to rest the major bonehead stories. Maybe in a few years, they find the FDR and FVR and get a better idea of what happened, but the solid reality of it never being found is a strong possibility. Plenty of aircraft have been lost at sea without a trace, even after exhaustive search. It's a deep, cold and unforgiving reality that is all too likely in this case, unfortunately.

3. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

‘‘ Thread for conspiracy theories about the missing Malaysian plane . . . ’’
    By posting on this thread you're keeping it alive, which seems to be the opposite of what you want . . :confused:

It's in the thread title so the topic is easy to avoid if you don't like it, unless of course if you're one of those who want to dictate others what they can read and write . . . :(

However seeing the thoughtful posts the thread brings to light rather than conspiracy theories I will ask the Moderator to change the thread title in:
    ‘‘ News and theories about the missing Malaysian plane ’’
    So, you brought up a good point after all . . :)

Having said that, the thread is still open for conspiracy theories as well . . ;)

P.S.

Seen the huge maritime effort involved in the search I think the topic is sufficient related to ‘‘Open Discussion: All Things Boats & Boating’’
    . . . :idea:

1 person likes this.
  4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Whether the plane crashed or is pocketed away somewhere, a planeload of passengers has been murdered.

5. Angélique

Or North Korea, from 1977 to 1983 they've abducted Japanese to teach their language and culture on North Korean spy schools . . :eek:

So maybe now the North Koreans want to learn Chinese, Malay and some other languages . . . :idea:

P.S.

The Japanese National Association for the Rescue of Japanese Kidnapped by North Korea has info on their site about much more worldwide abductions by North Koreans.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  6. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I reckon if a million dollar reward for the first piece of wreckage positively identified had been posted, it would be in the hands of investigators right about now. The search looks more like a shambles every day. 3 weeks of buggering around. I hope that car carrier they had looking has moved on with its journey, all it's cargo are going to be superceded models shortly.

7. Angélique

Like the last flight of Amelia Earhart with navigator Fred Noonan and her Lockheed Electra 10-E . . . :(
    [​IMG] - - - - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Old times, but also the search area was much smaller.​

8. Mr Efficiency

Interesting co-incidence, the planes being used in the current search are mainly P-3 " Orion" maritime patrol planes, a military version of a later model Lockheed Electra. I recall seeing a doco where a relative of Earhart claimed to have been told by Admiral Chester Nimitz that the aviator died in Japanese captivity, and in the interests of post war harmony, it had to be hushed up.

9. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

april , may and june are the calmest time of the year for the area par . I don't believe it is there anyway. it was under someones control if the transponders and communications were turned off . why would they fly down there for no reason. I think things turned to sh*t and it crashed before any demands could be made. if the authorities are going to investigate every piece of flotsam in an area that size then the search will go on for a long time.

10. whitepointer23

our brain dead government are having a field day with all the focus on Australia. the foreign minister was on the radio the other day saying how she had a wonderful meeting with the Chinese and how much they appreciated our help, not 1 mention of the familys affected by the tragedy . only concern was politics.

11. Mr Efficiency

I wonder whether that Jindalee over-the-horizon radar is a waste of electricity, or the plane never actually flew into its path.

12. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Whitepointer me mate.

I think if the Foreign Minister went to China it would follow an agenda (or the reason for the visit)

The Prime Minister has already expressed sympathy on behalf of Australians, the job now is to find the plane.

The Chinese probably do appreciate the efforts by Australia to locate the plane, the message to the Australian People was delivered to Australians via the foreign minister who, as she should forwarded it to the Australian People.

The only focus I could see on Australia was the fact we had only one warship on the West Coast of Ozz and I think the only plane we had came from the East.

Poida

13. whitepointer23

I suppose you support colin Barnett and his shark policy to.:D

14. whitepointer23

they have spotted several orange objects in the search area today today so I might be wrong after all.

15. Mr Efficiency

They have spotted any amount of debris, the oceans are full of it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.