Newbie Sea Ray Owner

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Breeze, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Breeze

Breeze New Member

Hi all,
    I am new to this type of communication so I apologize up front for any ignorance shown on my part, including whether or not I posted this in the right place...
    I had been working a deal for a Bayliner 28' when I found a beautiful 1987 Sea Ray 268 Sundancer, twin engines with a total of 104 hours on each (boat too), sitting in a boat yard. She belonged to a couple that used her very little except to sit on her at the dock and sip martinis... she had been neglected!! (but IMO it sure beats sipping them in a bar somewhere :) )
    Anywho... it appears that all is well with her, except the rams on the outdrive need to be replaced and she needs a thorough cleaning. She does not have a shower, but the bathroom is set up with a drain on the floor as if it were there, and the head is a pump out. I am a newbie in need of advice, tips & tricks, and/or "Secret Knowledge" from any of my Power Boat brothers/sisters out there. Particularly regarding the factory AC, and any thoughts on adding a wand shower OR/AND a transom shower. Any advice before I begin cleaning her up?? I got her for $8k, which seems to be a good deal... any thoughts on that price paid??

Thanks in advance for your help and support.
    Breeze

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.