newbe 18'trailerable cat

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by eric raguckis, Feb 2, 2011.

1. eric raguckis

eric raguckis Junior Member

newbe here
    just got plan's for a k-design's eco catamaran. Has anyone out there built one of these and if so can you give me any advice I am a fininsh carpender by trade:) Have good skills not boat building but will learn very fast reading a lot thank's eric
    ps. just got 8 meter tape in mail all plans are thanks

2. dstgean

dstgean Senior Member

I thought I saw pics of one up in the Seattle area...

Dan

3. eric raguckis

eric raguckis

Thanks, for the comment any idea's about a sailing dingy something plywood and fiberglass for practice

4. wheels

wheels Junior Member

If you're just looking for the simplest design you can to get some practice taping seams try the puddle duck <-- klik here

5. eric raguckis

that is a great idea, but i came up with a gery dierking tamanu, it can carry 2 people and a dog, that is the stipulation my wife had, i build stuff for other people all the time and she wants something built for us. thanks for the idea. as it is built i will post pictures if people would like. i was thinking of painting the outside w/ Hawaiian designs my brother is a very good artist and doing the inside bright finished with some inlay

6. dstgean

dstgean Senior Member

7. eric raguckis

this boat look's awesome, is this 2 hull's put together by a gary dierking design or something else. i have been looking at his boats and they look like something i would like to build for a first boat, i think i was getting to excited with my first build and trying to do something to big without enough experience. but his plywood boats look like something more realistic to build in supplies and time and if i mess up a lot less money for a fist boat. and i like the fact that i can take it on lake michigan with good weather of course. thank for you input eric raguckis

8. rayaldridge

rayaldridge Senior Member

Eric, I think Gary Dierking is a really smart designer, and one of only a few who are drawing small simple multis, simple to build, but with very good performance. I recommend his book highly. I don't think you could go wrong with one of his designs for a first boat.

9. eric raguckis

thanks for your response, your boat was a close second. i like the idea that i can build one side with a outrigger and build the other half at a later date to make a catamaran. pretty cool. thanks again eric raguckis

10. eric raguckis

. ps. i can't wait to see when you come up with a sleeper cat!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.