Generic CE Sailboat Manual

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by pashbe1, Oct 20, 2009.

1. pashbe1

pashbe1 Junior Member

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a publisher of generic CE Manuals for Sailboats. Here in the US I have used Ken Cook, but they only have a powerboat manual. Someone must publish (I hope) a sailboat manual that has the CE boilerplate language and spaces for the mfg to fill in the particulars?

Thanks!

2. Gilbert

Gilbert Senior Member

Why not give some of us backwoods folks a clue as to what CE stands for?
    Obviously you are not talking about center of effort, which is the only thing I've heard of referred to as CE.

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

4. pashbe1

pashbe1 Junior Member

Let me clarify!

Sorry for the un-clarity :) . Indeed I meant the owners manual that is mandated by the certification process for the European Union. I have certified a few power boat models and was able to purchase a "generic" manual that contained the CE required boilerplate language as to safety, electrical, seacocks, etc.. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a source for such a manual specific to sailboats, and I have no enthusiasm for writing it from scratch.

Maybe someone "out there" has gone through the process for a sailboat and would like to share with me how they handled the European Union approved owners manual requirement.

Thanks!

5. jelmerwijma

jelmerwijma Wijma Marine Consultants

I have written a couple of exclusive manuals for sailing yachts in the range of 65ft to 80ft. Please have a look at my website www.marineconsultants.nl.

During my previous job I have been working as a CE surveyor for seven years. I have seen a lot of manuals, but I don't know about a generic manual specific to sailboats.

However I can be of help. Please contact me at info@marineconsultants.nl.

Kind regards,

Jelmer Wijma

6. iYacht

iYacht Junior Member

Hi pashbe1,
    we arwe doing owner's manuals nearly every day. Most of the time small craft of 6 metres to 15 metres, sailboats as well. Write me a PN with your contact details to submit you some samples.
    We need to specify some specific requirements for your project and then it's quite easy for us.
    Kind regards, Udo Hafner / iYacht

7. iYacht

iYacht Junior Member

See a sample page enclosed of an owner's manual done couple of weeks ago.

Attached Files:

8. jelmerwijma

jelmerwijma Wijma Marine Consultants

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.