New Topic?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by seasaltchap, Jan 7, 2008.

1. seasaltchap

seasaltchap Junior Member

Is it possible to have a new forum for "Crewing Opportunities" maybe broken down into some sub-forums based on geographical areas?

2. George S

George S The old fellow

Anyone interested in themdesign of 4 ft pondsailors?

I am interested in the design, building and sailing of original designs of ancient sailing ships, mainly square riggers but perhaps including lateen rig.
    What I currently have in mind is a colonial ship about 3 1/2 feet lwl. Perhaps a Mayflower, or a Nina. The max weight ready to sail would be between 25 and 30 pounds. Of course the Santa Maria is a possibility or Matthew.
    Thus if anyone is interested we could start a new thread on this topic.
    I am trying to interest a seller of fiberglass kits to include a Mayflower ship
    in his offerings but I think it would be good to build a few of my own first.
    Steel Chapman and Hutchinson Ltd of Palo Alto offers three vessels all at 1/24 scale. They include a ship rig, a brig and a privateer schooner, Thus I think "our ships" should also be at 1/24 scale so as to sail with SCH ships.
    I can not get my NA software to work so I am thinking of pre-computer methods of design. Any suggestions? any experience doing this or similar?
    George Steele

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.