New to site!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by TonyK2675, Jul 13, 2011.

1. TonyK2675

TonyK2675 New Member

Hi i am new to the site. Thanks in advance for the silly questions i might ask as i just started my first project. I bought a boat that was originally set up to have an outboard on it. I have gutted it down and am putting a 350ci with a jacuzzi 12yj pump. will the original structure work or do i need to do a lot of beefing up. The boat i bought was a 2003 Forest River (Odessey 175GS) I was planning on running 1/4"plate to the main supports on bottom an building motor mounts off of that. Thanks Tony

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

You must have some reasons for changing the outboard boat to an inboard with Jacuzzi. WIll you be running in the shallows where the pumper will be an advantage? Tell us why you are doing it this way.

3. TonyK2675

TonyK2675 New Member

Yeah, we run in the shallows. The average depth in our river might be 4 ft. You have to be able to go in 6 inch or u won't get far up river. I run a jet on my current boat now. I just wanted to build this one cause it sounds fun. We have a lot of people running shoal runners down here.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.