New to boat building - USCG compliance

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by DCB, Mar 20, 2013.

1. DCB

DCB New Member

Hello, our company is about to expand from boat glass refurbs. and repairs into building sailboats...we have two molds. I am wondering if anyone has gone thro. the start up process of registering as a boat builder with the USCG and other agencies that might be required for becoming a boat builder. If you can direct me - ie, hull numbers, compliance, etc. I would greatly appreciate your help.

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Ike's pages for new boat builders should have the answers to most of your questions, including those you don't yet know you need to ask: http://newboatbuilders.com/

Ike participates on this forum. He is retired from the USCG and worked in the recreational boat safety office for a number of years.

3. DCB

DCB New Member

Thanks!

Much appreciated ~ we will research all the sites and leads on the information on new boat builders home page. Regards, DCB ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.