New sailboat design

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by rjm, Oct 8, 2003.

1. rjm

rjm Guest

Hello,

I'm Bob...... I have been a lurker for a while and I decided that I would subject myself to a pear review.... Those of you whom are engineers will know what that means.....

I have a new design that I have been working on and I am interested any suggestions.

My homepage is http://www.netusa1.net/~c22rjm from there just go to the sailboat design

2. Guest

Guest Guest

It appears your link to specs is not correct.

Most states allow 8'-6" without permits.

3. rjmac

rjmac Junior Member

Yes, I understand that most states will let you go 8'-6" inches but that is the point. All states will let you 8' without permits.

Thanks for the review

4. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

Is standing headroom absolutely necessary? What of you put a ceiling track in the overhead and hung from it in a sliding seat? You could move fore & aft without crawling, and you could shave almost 2 feet off the height. I can get you prices on what you need if you're interested.

The shape of your hull looks powerboatlike to me. It's O.K. to have curvature (aka "rocker") in the bottom profile. A boat with V shaped sections forward and a broad stern can "bow steer" when a wave lifts the stern - not good.

I don't think your weight study will be meaningful until you figure out how strong, and therefore how heavy, your structure, particularly the deck, needs to be.

You're on the right track, though.... keep plugging!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.