Slickcraft 215 Restore

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by limit out, Nov 22, 2015.

1. limit out

limit out Junior Member

Been quite a while since I updated the group but here is the latest. I finished up the demo taking out all of the sole, transom and all wood. I used marine plywood and made a new transom and laminated the layers together with a clamp system I made and epoxy. It's 3 layers thick. I ground off all areas where I would need to lay new fiberglass to the existing hull so it would bond well. Scribed in new mahogany stingers, made new bulkheads and glassed them all in. Took the old fiberglass floor that was adhered with epoxy to the old sole. Seperated the sole plywood from the fiberglass floor and prepped the bottom. Ready to start roughing in the ventilation under the sole, fuel and vent lines, hull floatation and newly added rod lockers. Working a little at a time. Did sand off all of the paint on the exterior and it's down to the original gelcoat now. Usually when I have the epoxy out for glassing I will fill in holes and scratches on the outside of the boat. Here's some pictures in random order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. limit out

limit out Junior Member

3. limit out

limit out Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.