Hull efficiency virtual testing software

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Dave Topper, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dave Topper

Dave Topper New Member

Hello all,

New to the world of boat design. Not-so-new to the world of distributed processing and high performance computing. My background is more from the world of finance.

I'm wondering what kind of information I can find on software that can help compute virtual estimates for things like drag, heel resistance, structural stress points, etc... CAD is fine for building and rendering designs, but not so much for testing any of the above.

Very grateful for any information at all related to the above. Even links to various formulas used to calculate drag, load carrying, etc.

Thanks,

DT

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. I see the software forum now. That's enough for me to chew on for now.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.