New propulsion System

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by tom kane, Nov 13, 2003.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I think that if you really have a great invention, the "infiltration" should be no problem. The first outdrives came in competition with established outboard manufacturers. However, because they have advantages, they were marketed succesfully. I find that many people complain about the difficulty of starting a business. It takes dedication and an acceptance of risk. If it really works, there are many customers waiting to buy the next "better mousetrap". Henry Ford developed a casting system for Vee engine blocks. Everybody said it was impossible, particularly to be sold in an economy car. In 1930 he pledged everything he owned and worked 90 hour weeks for five months until he acomplished what everyone said couldn't be done. That is what it takes to do it.

3. Anne

Anne Guest

mother of 5, physics, patent attorney

Gentlemen,
    I live in the beautiful Rocky Mountains with my former Patent Examiner, now patent attorney husband, Patrick. We are bringing our big family to Duluth for vacation this summer. Patrick will talk to you about your invention and you'll still own your shirt. You can call him before that. We are parents of hockey players. www.montanapatents.com

4. yipster

yipster designer

i'll make a wild guess: a carterpillar belt like in a snowmobile?
    for extraordinairy top speeds of say 800 km hr i'm thinking of some sorta shockwave like in a tsunami
    and for real clean slow sailboat electric power i imagine sails with a woven in flexible solar cell thread...
    :p

5. PowerTech

PowerTech Senior Member

I have seen this propulsion system allready a few years ago.It was a high speed cruiser powered buy pure unfilltered bull ****.The owner had a life time supply of feul.I think he was a politician.

6. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Your guess was very close yipster,but old cheese crates are better,split in the middle so they can run independently to steer,seriously though it does work,even powering just the back barrel leaving the others to free wheel.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.