New propulsion System

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by tom kane, Nov 13, 2003.

1. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

A new propulsion system?Where do we start

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Maybe a good starting point is telling us about what we can’t see in the pictures you posted in the gallery. It sure has made me curious.

Gary :D

3. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

A CAM.A.PROPULSION system can be built now and sold and some profits put to develop a more sophisticated UNIT easy to install for the designers and builders of boats (hulls).Making public disclosures of new ideas in ANY country is tricky and I was hoping to start on more general items of good business practice
    Thank you for your interest Gary.Tom Kane

4. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

:?:
    Curiouser and curiouser!
    Like Gary said - the pics in the gallery perked my interest too. I assumed they are of a drive system invented back in the 60's (+/-) that never really took off.
    Are you saying Tom, that you hope to resurect the idea? If so - and you hope to get some input from those who contribute here, I'm afraid you'll have to give us a little more to work on.....

5. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

No serious attempt made to put this on the market.This would not be a resurection but a continuation of a hobbie developing
    the idea.You can build a small,medium,large or BRUTAL, system depending on financial input.I was thinking of a joint Interlectual
    Property application by an American citizen and myself as co-applicant.I understand Aliens can now make such applications but I think the former would be better."Someone on the spot".
    with knowledge of markets and the like.There should not be any need to be afraid of competition if you have a good product but there must be sensible precautions taken.What EXACTLY would you expect to know about the system.If the system must be explained to anyone there must be some novel aspect of value
    to protect.What you see is history just IMAGINE a 2004 model.
    Tom Kane.

6. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

HELLO WILL, As I could not find the reply to my last message I will reply to myself and add...If you look at all other propulsion sustems you can usually tell how they work..why not this one?
    Tom Kane.

7. Doug Carlson

Doug Carlson Senior Member

Tom,

I'm not a lawyer but I think the fact that this "system" was apparently put on public display in the 60's without patent protection and as such has existed in the realm of public knowledge for upwards of 40 years, precludes it from ever being afforded patent protection at this point.

Doug Carlson

8. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Thank you Doug,
    All ideas have been in that position at some time.They have
    been added to over the years by new claims.You can not invent a
    Tyre but you can claim on improvements,it is going on all the time.
    Many claims have a very fine line of NOVEL aspect in the first place.Tom Kane

9. Doug Carlson

Doug Carlson Senior Member

Tom,

Can you share with us the portion of the propulsion system that you consider to be public knowledge and retain what you consider to be protectable improvement. Is this a power generation device or a method of transmission?

Doug Carlson

10. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

hello Doug,
    A method of transmission.Yes to retaining improvements.And a much broarder compaction of known devices combined.EVEN the
    engineering PROFESIONALS would be afraid to commit a decision
    to the mechanical geometry involved.That is the problem.But our grandads could have
    used it.If the had of tried, and the fundermentals are well proven.I know of no other application of the principle.I have used it for years.Tom Kane

11. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Tom,

I’m confused, but that’s OK, it happens a lot. What is it you would like to discuss here on the forum? I can’t comment on you drive system because I haven’t a clue what it is you have.

Gary :D

12. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

hello Gary,
    What I would like to make progress on,is the ways and means of
    hitting the marine market with a propulsion system similar as in my photo gallery.What I think I need is an IMPRESSIVE overseas company showing interest as a sponser or underwriter so that I can show a Memorandum,Letter of Intent,General greement or such to a local Patent Attorney,Engineer to check on Interlectual Property matters.and report. A large account would impress here.
    Tom Kane:idea:

13. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Under the new international patent laws, you can do the research there and then, within a year, file in other countries. The information is online or at patent depository libraries. I think that no company will give you a letter of intent unless you have something to show. At the very least you need a patent application they can study. I don't have a clue of what is you are designing. Can you explain more?

14. yipster

yipster designer

:idea: i was going to mention a similar thing. few years back the patent office here told me the correspondence with them etc was enough for a temporary protection. comon tom, stop riddling and let us in on your ideas if they are serious :?:

15. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Thank you Gonzo Yipster and others,Now we are moving.
    I know I am on the right track..but if I stand still I will
    get run OVER.More photos soon.Stick with us.we will make it.
    Tom Kane.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.