Design of mega yacht 130' (40m)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Quetzacotl, May 21, 2009.

1. Quetzacotl

Quetzacotl New Member

Hello,

I want to introduce myself because I'm new here.
    I'm student of Naval Architecture (4th year) from Westpomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin (Poland), and I'm glad that I can share knowledge about boat design with You guys :)

I made this topic because I have to design mega yacht for my engineer work and I have some questions for which You can have answers.

These are requires for my boat:

Design megayacht with motor drive, lenght 130ft (40m).
    Classification rules: ABS, SOLAS, MARPOL. Cabins for 10 guests and 4 crew.
    Cruise speed 19 knots, top speed 24 knots.
    Range 4500 nautical miles.

Firstly I have problems with finding information about silimiar boats, ie. oil cap, amount of fuel, water, height of superstructures, freeboard, power of generators, ballast and general class weights.
    Maybe somebody knows adress of site with similiar yachts and these parameters, I really can't find any.

Also I can't find informations about interior dimensions ie. height of cabins, needed space for 1-men cabin, toilets etc.

That's all for now, but I'll probably have new questions soon :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

PS sorry for my low english

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.