LCF Position

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Millrtme, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Millrtme

Millrtme New Member

I have recently designed my own boat using Delftship. The boat is mimicking a current yacht. Now going from pictures I know I won't be anywhere near exact, just going for the visual idea. I have designed the boat under full sized dimensions and will scale it once everything agrees. This is my first design, so in an effort to understand the Hydrostatic report from Defltship I have a question regarding LCF position.

My boat is 55ft. long and the LCF occurs at 30.112 feet. As far as I understand this is a basic idea of how much resistance a boat has. The farther aft the better, to an extent. What other factors are based on LCF position? (i.e. Mast placement, keel placement, etc.) Thank you very much for your help.

-Andrew

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.