New Offer (Closed)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Dim, Jun 5, 2003.

?

The forum should have marine only information

Poll closed Jul 11, 2003.
  1. yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm indifferent

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

As Gary and yipster have already said, I am very said to see your gallery is gone. I really enjoyed the images you had posted. Just last night I spent a lot of time looking at the trawler image you posted, and the launch photos were really nice! I certainly don't think this poll was meant to offend you in any way. I really hope you will continue to visit and be a member of our forum. And I hope I can convince you to add your gallery back too.

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

P.S. And as I read this thread over, I'm afraid it's the language translation and the language in print that has caused you to misunderstand our feelings.

To address a couple points:
    I am 100% sure that the xxx popups you encountered did not originate from our server. They either came from a site you visited previously which may have opened a pop-under or a 0-pxiel window which then opened additional popups with a delay, or you have some spyware/adware on your computer which may have installed with other shareware or freeware programs. I myself hate ad popups which popup against your will, and I would never place them on our site or our forums. But I feel bad that you think we didn't want to help you though - we certainly did; I just didn’t know what I could do for you to address the situation since the popups were not created from our site or our server.

Now as to the purpose of this poll, I think it's important to note that you missed some events which occurred before you started visiting our site. When we first launched the gallery, it was setup so that as soon as a forum member posted an image it appeared immediately in the gallery with no manual approval necessary. This was nice because there was no delay involved. However, then we had a number of strangers register just to post a single or a few pictures of cars, trucks, motorcycles, trees, flowers, dogs and cats, or their girlfriend. They posted these images and never returned to our site of course, so there was no dialogue. And every time someone posted these non-marine related photos, they made it difficult for someone looking for marine-related or boat-design related photos to find what they were looking for. Further, when someone looked at our gallery and found the most recent photos included cars and trees mixed in with boats, they would not take our site seriously and would move on. The Internet is a very large place, and I think it would be a mistake for any single site to try and be everything. I’m sure there are already numerous general non-boat-related art related galleries out there, and if not, I would buy a separate art-related domain name and create a separate gallery there. That way when someone wants to see great boat design and construction projects (yes these are art too, but they’re on-topic), they can visit our site. When they want to see general non-marine-related art they can visit this, that, or the other art-related site, from general to specific - everything stays organized, and visitors can find what they want to see at any given time rather than having everything mixed in together.

Anyway, I hope you will reconsider and not be offended. I assure you no one meant to offend you. Forum members simply thought our forums and gallery should stay on-topic to things related to boats. And all the boat-related images that you had added to our gallery were very much appreciated and I’m sure many people viewed them with much interest – I hope you will consider re-adding them.

3. Dim

Dim Senior Member

Dear all You,

It all of you excuse me for the indication on a Eminem's song. I really listen to him, but I do not understand very much. Me to like music and English in his songs. I have in view of a combination of music and difficult to understand words.

If somebody believes me, it is very a shame.

I have angered SailDesign. He answered through cogs and I was thwarted. All of you excuse. You do not represent, that all of you already mean for me. I already live on this forum. He all that is for me best.
    Thanks to all of you.
    I need a little time to relax. I can say, that did not think at all to enter into your forum any changes.

dim.

4. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

I'll second Jeff on the "please put your gallery back".
    I enjoy your work.
    Steve

5. Dim

Dim Senior Member

When I have seen in a e-mail box the notice on the answer, I have thought, that now I shall decide for myself, as to me to act.
    Most of all I am very glad, that SailDesign excuse mine childish tricks (and so a scurvy trick).
    The jobs will be reset from a beginning of the next week. In quiet rate to not complicate job of a server.

Yours faithfully
    Dim.

6. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

ditto

7. Dim

Dim Senior Member

Perfect point in this history, Will.
    But it will be put nevertheless by I.
    I am compelled honestly to notify that in case of repetition of a situation I without diplomatic steps ( "NseLib" and "New Offer" ),
    which has appeared enough for first time, transform any server in any point of the world in a pedestal for flowers. If I can not do it - it will do the my friends.

Dim.

8. Dim

Dim Senior Member

I consider, that the problem is settled and I want to ask administration, as soon as she will consider it possible, to delete everything, that is linked about these by a problem.
    The false popularity is not necessary to us and if we know something and we know how, we shall earn it by own question and answers.
    The End.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.