New Offer (Closed)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Dim, Jun 5, 2003.

?

The forum should have marine only information

Poll closed Jul 11, 2003.
  1. yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm indifferent

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dim

Dim Senior Member

New offer

Dear Jeff,

I have offer.
    I very much want to learn about him judgement of the veterans of a forum.
    Probably we have no one more heading on a forum, where all wishing could exchange the information not relating neither to our job, nor to very much liked hobby. I speak about music, literature, painting, kinds of productive leisure. Let's exchange the references to art galleries and so forth. To me, for example,
    Your artist Steve Hanks ( http://www.steve-hanks.com ) very much is pleasant. I would like to learn about him more more.
    All materials should pass the confirmation of forum's administration. At attempt to make same, that I shall do on this page - automatic exception of the members of a forum.
    It is possible to organize one more gallery.
    There is no universal dialogue. And it could, on my sight, involve even more members of a forum.

Not important as who called also by who where lives.
    Though at a modern political situation - can be already important?

All best.
    Dim.

:idea:

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

We had this before where people start posting non-related information. THIS IS A MARINE FORUM. I want to see it stay that way. There are millions of other places for photos of ladies and other art work.

3. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

I want to make it a rule if you start a poll you must vote. :D LOL!!!

Much of the work that is now displayed in the gallery would be art in to my eye. There is a million art galleries on the web. Would this one be marine related?

Gary :D

4. duluthboats

:) OK, I should of read your other post first.

Gary :D

5. yipster

yipster designer

i think Dim can see art (and with some fantasy even sex) in his fine work like forexample the hughe bulb bow... but i know from experience how sensitive russians are about art and...

but i go with Garry:
    i voted to keep this galery marine related :) yipster

6. Dim

Dim Senior Member

"A moveable feast".

Hi All.

First of all, I want to thank everyone, who has stated the judgement. It too very useful information.
    I at first was detuned with the first two messages a little, a little. Mr. Gonzo and Mr. Duluthboat just have not understood all pluses of the inmates in my offer.
    Personally I have received a sheer pleasure that I have written about the idea.
    But then I was delighted. When I shall by pensioner I can shall leak, the great writer.
    J.D.Salinger, E.Hemingway and K.Vonnegut will be my colleagues.

Cheers,
    Dim.

7. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

Boats, Boats and more boats - and that's all !

8. BrettM

BrettM Senior Member

I spend more time in yacht clubs than art galleries but thats me.

9. Dim

Dim Senior Member

The guys - I can not any more!:)

Hi All, again.

To me very interestingly one: how many people were going to spend the precious time on this voting?

Dim.

10. Dim

Dim Senior Member

?

By the way. I second week live at job. And so there will be a minimum up to the summer's end. Some hours of sleep in a seat and again for job. It so - is simple to a word. It's normaly for me.
    Dim.:)

11. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Put me in for a "boats only" vote.

12. Dim

Dim Senior Member

Last answer

I fine understand your feelings SailDesign.
    I need only to be pleased, that I work in collective, where my reputation does not cause doubts.
    You see me could dismiss for such maps, which I began to receive, as soon as of beginnings it is active
    To participate in your forum. I can say, that it would be very difficult to me to find other job. I was
    I was very glad, that has appeared among the very interesting people. I am very much afflicted, that the
    veterans of this forum even did not attempt to clear up a situation from an "xxx" and as I its has removed.
    Personally to me, be I on your place, it would be very a shame. I have deleted all maps from gallery, because
    I do not want even to throw a shadow on those rerfect firms, with which to me the honour has dropped out to work.
    I am unpleasantly hit with what it was necessary to confront in this place.

Dim

13. duluthboats

Dim,

Communication can be such a difficult thing. The poll was not an attack on you or your postings. You have contributed much to this forum in the short time you have been here. I hope you will continue to give us your input. I am very sorry to see your gallery is gone.
    :confused:

Gary :(

14. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

This is about the non-marine content of some postings. I understand the artistic value of many of these photos. However, my point is that we should restrict the scoope of the forum. If we don't, it will end up being impossible to find the information we want. Also, they are thousands of sites where it would be more appropiate to post that material.

15. yipster

yipster designer

Dim,
    as you see in the poll we (and i hope that includes you) like a BOAT forum.
    the "xxx" pop-ups and pop-unders? you encountered i dont like eighter but i am sure they are not from this forum.
    my excuses for saying the bulb bow was sexy. i did not see any harm in it and did not intend to harm anyone!
    now i see you took your galery away, i regret that becouse i seriously like your work and input here on the forum very much.
    maybe some confusion is coursed by language but lets not make things more complicated as they are. i hope to keep seeing you around here!

:confused: yipster

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.