Tow Boat Rowboat - Mandarin 17

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by SailorDon, Apr 14, 2013.

1. SailorDon

SailorDon Senior Member

I used my Mandarin 17 as a tow boat to tow the "camera boat" to take this video this morning.

[YouTube video link deleted due to "third party matching content" issues.]

[​IMG]

It's sort of like rowing along the Thames in a 100 year old Thames rowing skiff. It even sounds like it with the leather wrapped oars in the Thule posts. :D

2. SailorDon

SailorDon Senior Member

I got hit with the YouTube "Matched third party content" because I used a section of Signs of Life". I had to delete the video.
    I will remove the soundtrack and re-post.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the sanitized version of my video of tow rowing.

For added viewing pleasure, you may wish to listen to your own copy of Pink Floyd "Signs of Life" with the sound effects of the 100 year old Thames rowing skiff.
    It was recorded at David Gilmour's houseboat recording studio on the Thames.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.