New IMP website/forum

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by javajesus, Aug 2, 2009.

1. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

IMP owners website

I know that there used to be an IMP owners website that Dave had started. I have the web space and the vbulletin software, would there be any interest in resurrecting the site? I am competent and willing to do the setup and maintenance, but do not know a ton about the IMP boats. I recently just bought what I thought was an Aztec but after seeing marybeths post above (her boat looks just like mine w/o the hard top) I am rethinking that. Any ways, love the boat and think maybe we need a more comprehensive site for our aging toys. Anyone? Please know that I am not trying to step on anyones toes or poach forum memebers.

2. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

E-mail Dave and talk with him. He had a lot of trouble keeping hackers out of the site every time he tried starting it up. If you are good with that aspect of the forum software, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to work with you. Search back a few pages until you find one of his postings (Pdave) and you can get his e-mail address.

3. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Thanks edjunior. I have sent Dave an email. We shall see what happens.

4. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

IMP owners site

I emailed Dave, but go no response. I think that I will go ahead with the project anyways. What I will need from all you IMP owners is input. Also, a couple of IMP wiz kids that would like to participate would be great as far as knowledge of the boats and such. Do you think we need a separate thread to discuss this?

5. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

IMP owners site

Ok, lets leave the discussion here for now. My question for all of you folks is what areas would you like to see in your new owners site? Also, I would like to start collecting manuals and brochures in .pdf format, so if anyone has any let me know. I have already registered the domain, decided to stay with impboatclub.com for now, since it has some recognition. Ihope to have the skeleton of the forum up in the next week or so.

6. edjunior

edjunior Senior Member

Tommy1995,

See my post with the link just above and post this question on that site. I'm not sure about this, though I don't think it would be a problem. But please don't rely on my thinking...I'm not that experienced with the IO's yet, and especially not on OMC's.

7. Tommy1995

Tommy1995 Junior Member

Got it, Thanks !

8. wd0331

wd0331 Junior Member

JavaJesus, I would like to see a section on restoration/rebuild, as I will soon be starting a complete rebuild on the 76' Inca. It would be nice to document it in the new owners club. Also, let me know if you need anything as I have been diligently gathering info over the past month or so on the great boats.

9. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

WD0331,

+1 on the resto section. Will do. I would be most interested in anything you have. I would like to have a section for information as far as manuals, flyers any thing scanned that is useful to us owners. Let me know what you have. Take lots of pics of your project, you can be the first in the new section :)

10. odarol

odarol New Member

When you get the IMP site set up I will send you some photos and or scans of the manuals that I have. I can also maybe take some photos of the dash wiring and whatever else might help people restore their boats. I'm really lucky that our boat was taken care of so well and has been able to be stored inside for it's whole life.

11. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Thanks guys, all info is welcome. I am in the process of switching hosts as my previous was a PITA to deal with. As soon as the DNS changes, I can start getting things uploaded.

12. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

13. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

IMPboatclub.com is open!

Ok, I have the forum turned on and is open for registration. Please keep in mind that there are some bugs to work out I'm sure. We will see how it goes for a week or two. See you there!

http://www.impboatclub.com/forum/

14. javajesus

javajesus Junior Member

Off and running

Ok guys we are off to a great start. I think we have 8 members which is not bad for 1 day. Come on over, don't be shy. We can make impboatclub.com great.

15. double-b

double-b Junior Member

imp website

what is wrong with the other site.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.