du Bois Admirals Cup 40' design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mmaguire, May 30, 2010.

1. mmaguire

mmaguire New Member

The title of this thread encapsulates ALL I know about a yacht I have recently started sailing on.
    Today, during a race, we had an onboard fire. In the batteries box. Extensive damage to what looks like about 10 years of add-ons. When the fire was noticed the battery isolator was operated, but a number of system - Nav eqpt and radios - kept going - - and so did the fire!.
    To cut a long story short, I will be assisting with a rewire job that brings the boat up to a 'good practice' standard

I have been unable to find any design info or initial fitout info for this boat.
    Can anyone help?
    thanks
    Mark

2. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

How about asking Ed Dubois?A google search should put you on to him and there is nobody likely to have more information.

3. mmaguire

mmaguire New Member

Thanks. Now i know his name, I've been able to locate the vessel (originally named 'Police Car' - by the look of it. - Again, thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.