New Flooring on my Cabin Crusier

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by brad8600, Nov 2, 2013.

1. brad8600

brad8600 New Member

Hello, I have recently brought a boat and am hoping to neaten it up over the winter month. I have ripped the fibre glass and wooden floor up and was wondering what would be the best way to replace it. I Could just put some new ply and fibre glass over the original supports or was going to put some battening across the supports to make it stronger but would be a little higher deck. Has anyone else done this. What would be the best option? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum. Have you checked the condition of those stringers? It's common to have them nearly as bad as the cockpit sole, when it's discovered to be shot.

Generally, if the stringers are in good condition, you don't need additional supports. Besides, it's just more work, money and materials to toss at the project.

You should also check the condition of the transom, which typical follows the same route.

This topic has been covered countless times previously. Perform a search for cockpit sole replacement pr cockpit floor replacement. Once you've read up, you'll be better armed and likely will have lots more questions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.