New(er) member

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Myoung42, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Myoung42

Myoung42 Mechanical Engineer

Hello,

My name is Mark. I'm new to the forums, though I've been browsing this forum for weeks now.

I'm a mechanical engineer working in refining and petrochemicals. I grew up boating and waterskiing on my dad's boats on lakes in Missouri, USA. I've always been around stern drive deep vee boats.

I've built a 12' pirogue (wood/epoxy/fiberglass) similar to the one found on uncle john's website. I "eyeballed" that boat. I also built a 17' folding sea kayak from plans on yostwerks website. My goal is to design & build a family boat similar to what I grew up on, but I'm not stuck on sterndrive.

I appreciate the opportunity to learn from all the many years of experience represented by the members on this site.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Welcome, Mark.

3. Briggsm

Briggsm Junior Member

Welcome, I'm new here too!

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

In case I didn't already say it, welcome to you, too.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.