Coral Sea 25

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by grasshopper1980, Jan 30, 2016.

1. grasshopper1980

grasshopper1980 New Member

Hello, I just signed up and did a search of the forums. I didn't really find anything listing the Coral Sea 25 by Mike Waller. A couple postings concerning the Coral Sea 35 plans.

I have seriously been thinking about building a boat for a couple of years now, and I was eyeing some of the Richard Woods boats (including the Skoota 28). I have also come across the saying of "all the boat you need". I don't need a large boat. Just something big enough to be happy with and one that will bear with me as I learn to sail, and possibly be stable for the Gulf of Mexico and possibly a little beyond once I hit that point.

I know a lot of people swear by the Wharrams, but don't quite like the look of them, and the fact that the smaller ones don't have as much head room as some other designers give.

I finally came across the Coral Sea 25 and really like it. But I can't find much feedback about it actually being used by anyone. I do know it's very wide for the overall length.

Has anyone built one? How do they handle? Any info would be appreciated greatly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.