New Design Prop That Acts Like A Nozzle?

Discussion in 'Props' started by laurie dixon, Apr 11, 2014.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A graduated beaker will do for primitive fuel consumption. Without independent and verifiable testing, you're just talking out a non-speaking orifice, in regard to interested investors or potential customers. Simply put, a sales pitch is anything you can say, in house testing is taken the same way. To put it another way, someone approaches you with a new idea/design/application, etc. and they suggest they've done the testing and can offer this much of this and this much of that. It's just lip service, "my dog is better than your dog". On the other hand, if compared against the immediate competition in the market place, by an independent testing service, engineering firm, etc., who haven't a horse in the race, your device/product suddenly has validity and funding, will be much easier to come by.

I also don't see why your device/product couldn't be explained quite accurately with mathematics, as calculating performance potential, is physics most can get their head around. It was certainly enough to warrant a patent, so why not prospective clients and investors?

I guess I'm asking what are your real goals, as this is a typical business model, carried out many thousands of times before.

2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Still think he should run tests himself, if he can be very accurate in his "in-house" experiments, and can see an incremental advantage, repeat for confirmation, then proceed to independent testing.

3. laurie dixon

laurie dixon Junior Member

DEAR MR Efficiiency im sorry but i have just been checking my figures and the revs was as follows boats own 16x3 874 revs my design is 15x3 848 revs so the revs are only 25 revs ,between both propllers for more speed and 40 kilo more bollard pull I have been informed that the engine manufacturers require the revs to be within speck 1 or no more 2 revs of what the engine is built to do etc, i did not think till i read the figures from my book, sorry to mislead you....

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Agreed, in house testing should precede independent, but without the independent tests, the in house stuff is nearly meaningless. It's the comparative testing (independent) that makes in house testing viable, quantified and palatable.

5. laurie dixon

laurie dixon Junior Member

PAR Thank you for that advice, i have video film of the tests but i was in the boat doing the tachograph readings but there is 3 men that did the reading on the quayside as i was only had the boat for an hour, had it belongs to offshore training collage and there did me a favor letting me have the boat the last 3 times to get to where i am now.... you can see the boat on goggle earth if you type in albert dock hull england..

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.