New design a 22m motor boat - first shape of hull

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by micspoko, Jan 4, 2012.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Slavi, it's obvious this poster thinks pretty pictures are what makes yacht design and the engineering understanding behind it. Simply put, he's unwilling or unable. Judging by his previous posts it's quite clear he's unwilling. His web site suggests his company preforms engineering and reverse engineering, which makes me wonder who they might be kidding. It absolutely horrifies me to think, folks will pay them hard earned money for designs, so obviously flawed as the above. I guess compliance with the most basic professional and engineering principles in Poland, is some what less then first world countries or even the rest of western Europe. I've seen more professionalism coming out of central African engineers, where there are literally no controls or compliance requirements.

2. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

PAR like always you insult me and you don't know nothing about me and my work, you always criticize my project. Each vessel small and large have some flaws. My project is mine not yours and I have addifferent approach like you because I don't live from what shows on the forum this is my only hobby that sometimes can make money.
    In my career as an engineer shipbuilding and repairs I do very large project for example:
    - a new double bottom for a 20 years old vessel - 250 tonnes
    - a lengthening a couple ships
    - new vessel for coast guard and trawlers
    - a couple reconstruction bows for ships without any original drawings
    - and dozens of repair ship and once i repair a WWII U-BOOT

3. PAR

Anyone that has asked the questions you have and suggested the target speeds, from the hull forms you've presented on this thread, can't be taken especially seriously. In fact, the thought that you might have even a remote chance, at getting your last set of underwater shapes to even half the speeds you reported, tells me you are nearly clueless in regard to hull design. Again, there must be some fundamental difference in the way Poland handles it's professionals, than the rest of western Europe, because you wouldn't get these primitive/basic questions (or shapes) from any other design firm that's managing to do business with commercial and Coast Guard vessels. It scares the hell out of me that you might actually have had some successes in this regard and this is the nagging issue I have with you.

You have failed to answer any of the meaningful questions posed by others, in regard to hydrodynamics, resistance calculation methods, weight studies, etc. The hull shapes presented can't possably do any of the things, you've stated it would and any first year student of design would know this. Your skills with modeling software are good, but essentially useless, without the hydro and engineering background to support the pretty pictures you're capable of rendering.

4. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

new hull shape

Attached Files:

5. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Hi Micspoko, i see that you have corrected some of the issues previously discussed.
    It would be useful to also show the design waterline in the lines plan.
    Cheers

6. PAR

This is the best shape you've come up with, though the body plan doesn't show the most important after sections, it's clearly a much better approach, reminiscent of many designs. Can you provide a full body plan? I don't think the chine will be suitable for the speeds you want, nor what appears to be the plane patch, but without a full section drawing, difficult to tell. She's looks to be a warped bottom, though you have controlled the warp to a degree.

7. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

with water plan

Attached Files:

8. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

Next foto (almost finished exterior project)

Attached Files:

9. micspoko

micspoko Senior Member

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.