New Chugger launched...After You (hull #007)

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by lewisboats, Jul 10, 2010.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

A right smart little ship

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Nice,

but for what is the NOX bottle? Does the Minn Kota run on gas?

3. lewisboats

Fire extinguisher...required on motorized boats. Presumably there is a gasoline motor to be used in the future. I believe he wanted to show the boat fully equipped with all it's required (and not so required) equipment.

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Oh, understand.......:D

Although we have a open bill, I do appreciate what you build. One is not related to the other.

Have fun, no matter how much they bother you.

Richard

5. fnirt

fnirt New Member

That's my boat! Love it! It's a lot of fun and gets some great comments.

The shot with the extinguisher was proof of the ability to steer a chugger by weight. The motor was "locked" in the straight position and I was able to make course corrections by shifting my weight in the cabin. Wasn't a lot, but it was enough that it could be a handy trick later on for some reason. As for the extinguisher itself, it's a state law thing. Didn't know it was for gas motor only, but it's just smart to have one around in any case.

And I intend to put a gas motor on it at some point for river travel, but our local city lakes only allow electric motors.

6. lewisboats

7. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Steve... Chugger lives!!

I'm glad you stayed with this idom, bro. This particular take on the form is very cleanly executed (props to the owner) and looks to be a real hoot on the lakes of Minnesota. Here come the Musky and here come the big Pike... all being flung over the transom and displayed handsomely at the family cottage.

I wonder if this bad little dude could be put on skids and used for ice fishing in those comfy Minnesota winters? Kind of a two-fer deal for the guy who builds his Chug boat.

Have fun, most of all.