New Book by Glen-L

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by lewisboats, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

I was browsing their site about a week ago and saw that there was a new book available...so I bought it. Got it yesterday and am about 1/2 through. It is set up like a builders notebook and is even spiral bound to lay flat on a page. It covers Plywood boat building and is set up for the amateur builder as a reference guide. In some ways it is much like Devlin's book but simplified and more like an actual notebook with snippets of knowledge. It covers a bit on design, shape and style of hulls, motor placements, transom design for OBs, filleting, stringers, chinelogs ...you name it. It is full of tips and tricks. I would recommend this for any person new to boatbuilding or even someone with a few under their belt.

Steve

2. rlmccook54

rlmccook54 Junior Member

Does it have much on sailing. Also, what is the name and where can it be bought. Thanks

3. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.