Software

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Revel, May 9, 2009.

1. Revel

Revel New Member

I am wanting to model a simple plywood hull shape with 2 flat sides and a constant radius to the chine. Any advise as to which design software will be the most appropriate for this application.

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

freeship...or give me the numbers and I can sketch it out for you. I need max beam, location of max beam from aft of transom at lwl, lwl, loa, Vee or flat bottom, beam lwl fwd, beam lwl aft, angle of side flare in deg from vertical, amount of keel advance or forefoot if a Vee bottom, amount of deadrise and anything else you can give me for the hull dims. Also I need elevation of the chine forward and aft and proposed displacement in salt and fresh water.

Steve

3. Revel

Revel New Member

Many thanks Steve. I will give it a try, but if i get stuck I will get back to you

4. Revel

Revel New Member

Hey Steve, downloaded software, but where can i get user manual or help.
    Rodney

5. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Here's a copy but it is available on the same site as the program. A google of Freeship gives the link to the sourceforge site

There is a Yahoo group for help Freeship HtandT

steve

Attached Files:

6. Revel

Revel New Member

Many thanks, will try it
    Rodney

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.