New Boat Building Company in Dubai

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by Salem Humaid Saeed Asban, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

Salem Humaid Saeed Asban Junior Member

We are in the process of establishing a new company for boat building in dubai. Their is demand for center console boats built by fiberglass in UAE and Middle East. we are looking to buy molds of proven center console designs for 27 feet, 32 feet, 38 feet boats.

We are also open for joint ventures with any boat building business or individual based on the United states to start manufacturing in the middle east. Our corporation could be in form of you providing the molds and the know how for a % on every boat being built and sold of your designs.

We have the manpower available and facility for boat building available.

If you want to sell your molds and plans please provide us information and history about the design.
    If you want to partner with us please provide history of your ideas, boat plans and pictures of the products.

looking forward for your response.
    salem.asban@admedia.ae
    +971526886599

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Why only mold from US? ;)

3. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

Sorry any country as long the boat is based on a proven hull. US designed boats are appealing to the market here.

4. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Salem, welcome to the Forum.
    You say that you have the boatbuilding facility and manpower available.
    It might be easiest in the long run if you buy a design - either 'off the shelf', or custom designed for your particular requirements in the Middle East - and then build a mould using your manpower and skills available.

I do not think that you will get an enthusiastic response when you say this re the terms -
    "Our corporation could be in form of you providing the molds and the know how for a % on every boat being built and sold of your designs."
    Maybe if you offer to buy the mould(s) for a price that takes into account the considerable time and effort that went into building it, pay the shipping costs to send it / them to Dubai, and buy the know how (at consultancy fee rates), with a royalty on top of this for each boat sold, then you might get a better response.
    Any established boatbuilder is going to be wary about somebody using their name (eg Intrepid, Fountain, Formula to mention a few well known American builders) unless they can have some control over the finished product.

Alik likes this.
  5. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

thanks for the response

I agree with you and we are ready to buy the molds and pay royalty fees if it comes from an established boat builder with a good reputation for the boats that come from the mold sold.

For designs we are looking for a good designer at the moment but could not find any. if you have ideas please let me know

salem

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

There is something I do not understand well or that you do not explain. Apparently you want to buy a mold and buy some design, but if you buy the mold, the designs should not be different from the mold. The only thing you can do, more or less, is change the position of the console.
    Why not buy a completely new design, although similar to those that according to you can be sold in your country, that includes the information to build the molds for the hull, the cover, the console and any other element? The design and molds will be your property and you will not have to pay commissions or royalties to anyone. Buying all that is not so expensive and the labor to build the mold pays for itself with few boats.
    If it turns out that I have not understood anything that you need, please excuse me and forget my advice.

7. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

We will buy the mold from only established proven hulls. We are looking for new designs with all the information relevant to the design. I am currently looking for a designer

8. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

In a center console boat 90% of the design is the hull so the rest of the design can be done by any good draftsman.

9. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Salem you said :
    "For designs we are looking for a good designer at the moment but could not find any. if you have ideas please let me know"

You obviously have not put much, if any, effort into looking for a good designer. Although I suppose it all depends on how you define 'good'.
    For a start you could try talking to AliK and Tansl on this Forum - both of these gentlemen are very capable of designing the sort of craft that you have in mind.

Try also googling 'yacht designers' and you should be able to come across many others who have lots of experience in this field.
    Re American designs, I do like Doug Zurn's motor boat designs -
    Home | Zurn Yacht Design https://zurnyachts.com/
    But he is just one of many very accomplished and successful designers.

Bear in mind though that 'every man and his dog' seems to be building centre console boats between 25' - 40' - it is a very competitive market.
    Maybe you do not have much competition in this field in the UAE - but if you do, then you want to look for ways to make your boats stand out from the stereotypical boats that everybody else builds.

10. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

I am trying to pm you but somehow. I am not able to. maybe because its a new account.

I have looked at your album and i want to discuss costs for designing for us with you. is it possible to drop me an email at salem.asban@admedia.ae so we can start the conversation

11. Salem Humaid Saeed Asban

thanks for the advice. I contacted Tansl and will contact alik

12. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Seems to be the case!

13. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

If the customers want proven, "name" boats, why are they not just imported to meet the market ?

BlueBell and bajansailor like this.
  14. Alik

Alik Senior Member

'Proven hull' is a myth! Once You change weigth, CG, type of propulsion, etc. - it is not 'proven' anymore.
    The complete design can be 'proven'. But not always - some builders can't fit in weight budget.

BlueBell and bajansailor like this.

15. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

I don't agree with that Alik, naturally you can bugger anything up, no matter how good it potentially is, if you try hard enough, and on the other hand there are hulls that have limitations and shortcomings that are very difficult to remedy. I think the term in the auto industry was "lemon", and most of them get shaken out of the "tree" by market forces.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.