1976 Trojan Sedan makeover

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ronsamwood, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ronsamwood

ronsamwood New Member

I inherited this once apon a time beauty. New twin crusaders were installed in 1994. since then, my grandfather didnt really take her out. He put on about 100 hours since installation. she needs major updates including cruisair air conditioner, conditioning of the teak deck and wood interior, interior design. any suggestions on how to get started?:?:

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

Buy the service manual for the Crusaders, as the first part you'll need. Run through the tune up section and replace the usual consumables (air and oil filters, hoses, belts, points, etc.) Once you have them running good, you can move on to the other issues, like soft soles, rotten stringers, crappy wiring, leaking plumbing, etc. A/C is a pretty easy install, though you'll probably need to update the electric a bit. The teak can be conditioned with goo from a bottle (don't use a pressure washer on the teak) and any changes to the accommodations (interior) need to be worked out, but this isn't hard either. Post some photos of the boat and it's hardware, so we can see what you're working with.

3. ronsamwood

ronsamwood New Member

Thanks PAR. I will take pictures and send them

4. FMS

FMS Senior Member

How long since the boat has been in the water?

5. OTTI

OTTI Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.